Set within the signature pink stone walls that have become iconic of this exclusive Barbados estate, is one of the islands finest luxury communities. Royal Westmoreland is a Barbados property boasting the most luxurious villas, townhouses and apartments each with magnificent fairway and ocean views. The development offers a world class championship golf course expertly designed by Robert Trent-Jones Jnr.; the tennis village; the Sanctuary with onsite fitness centre and swimming pool; a luxury spa and beach facility at Mullins; and a full-service Clubhouse with restaurant and many fine retail stores. Membership is available to all owners*
Royal Westmoreland has been exquisitely designed into 20 neighbourhoods with colonial style homes and apartments carefully positioned to take full advantage of the cooling island breezes and stunning tropical views. Whether pre-constructed or built to spec from bespoke designs on offer, only the finest quality materials and finished adorn these Barbados properties.
Below is a list of property at Royal Westmoreland which are available for sale:
The Royal Apartments - 1, 2 and 3-bedroom executive style units with communal pool
The Royal Villas - 3-bedroom residences some with private swimming pools
Sugar Cane Ridge - (22) 4-bedroom / 3-bathroom townhouse style villas
Jasmine Ridge - The Hideaway - 4-bedroom off-plan villa
Cuba Libre - Luxury 7-bedroom villa with expansive swimming pool
Bespoke Homes - On-demand custom built villas available across the estate on choice land lots
* Membership Details: The options to become a member of the Club
• To become a new member, the one-off nonrefundable joining fee is US $100,000.
• Full Club membership is US$ 12,766.50 per annum (includes all Club facilities).
• Social Club membership is US $5,904.00 per annum (includes tennis, beach club, sanctuary pool and gym and the clubhouse).
• Owner’s membership is a family membership and entitles the owner and their immediate family to unrestricted use of all Club facilities.
• Owner’s guests staying at their bespoke home will also have access to all Club facilities and may play golf at a Members Guest rate.
• Club membership dues are payable on February 1 each year and pro-rated if joining mid year.
The other costs associated with Ownership at Royal Westmoreland are:
RWPOA fees (Property Owners’ Association) US $8,989 per annum
• The RWPOA is funded by Owner subscriptions payable once per year on February 1 of each year.
• RWPOA fees cover the maintenance and servicing of common lands, lighting, roads, landscaping and resort security.
Set on an expansive 500-acre estate in the parish of St. James overlooking the stunning Barbados West Coast, Royal Westmoreland commands some of the most immaculately landscaped property. Undulating hills, natural coral stone ravines and an abundance of tropical trees and shrubbery all create the perfect backdrop for the many exclusive villas and apartments.
Just 10-minutes from Holetown this exclusive five-star golf, beach and spa resort, provides a unique blend of privacy, luxury and outstanding service for its homeowners and their guests. Royal Westmoreland is in easy reach of the Platinum Coast as well as Highway 2A that connects this side of the island to the Barbados international airport. Property owners at the golf resort are but a mere 10-minutes from the exclusive beach facility and Indulgence Spa at Mullins Beach.
There are a range of highly specified architectural plans for this 500-acre resort community on Barbados’ West Coast. Spread across the expansive site (see here in the Master site plan link below) are 20-neighbourhood with property including luxury villas, semi-detached townhomes and elegant apartments.
We have provided a sample of floorplans accessible via the button below to show the layouts of various accommodations. More options are available, particularly for the Bespoke villas which are commissioned once a choice lot is selected. All property at Royal Westmoreland is carefully positioned to enjoy views of the golf course and in most cases the West Coast ocean.
What is a Bespoke Home at Royal Westmoreland?
• The option to choose a specific neighbourhood, lot size, view and positioning.
• The option to choose a specific floor plan and finishes to create a bespoke home.
What is your construction cost to build my home?
• Development price is USD$500 a sq. ft. (based on the covered home sq. ft. area)
• Services included:
• Architectural/design and engineering fees typically 10% of build cost
• Landscaping and irrigation of the entire lot typically 3% of build cost
• Quantity Surveying and Town Planning typically 2.5% of build cost
• Pool and pool deck typically 1.5% of build cost
• Driveway Construction
• Project Management
• Built in kitchen appliances
The economies of scale allow for the resort to buy these services wholesale. These savings are passed on to you through our value added management and supervision services.
What are the standard finishes of a Royal Westmoreland Home?
• Travertine marble floor tiles in public areas
• Natural shell stone tile in private areas
• Coral render walls with crown moulding
• Kohler range sanitary and brass ware
• Marble vanity tops
• European styled and manufactured kitchens
• Stainless steel appliances
• Granite worktops
• Hardwood exterior joinery
• Pool finished with a feature band to water level and infinity edge.
You may change the finishing levels if you desire. Royal Westmoreland manages the snagging list after PC. The Construction timeline for a Bespoke home is 12-14 months for standard villas Plus 3-4 months extra for custom villas.
Royal Westmoreland Development Team:
Gillespie & Steele
Robertson Ward Associates
Golf Course Design
Robert Trent Jones Jnr.
Alan Armstrong Associates
Town & Country Planning Consultants
Richard Gill Associates
Tamer Mill Studio
Tunnell Spangler-Walsh Associates
Kitchen & Appliances
Atlantic Kitchens & Miele
Sanitary & Brass Ware